2013 Payroll Tax Rates Updated, New Payroll Mate Program Released
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Chicago, IL (PRWEB) January 10, 2013
The Internal Revenue Service and a number of state departments of revenue have updated the payroll tax rates for 2013. Real Business Solutions, updated Payroll Mate software to reflect these and other changes in the payroll tax regulations for 2013. Employers can try Payroll Mate 2013 risk-free by visiting : http://www.PayrollMate.com/
For 2013, the employee tax rate for social security increases to 6.2%. The social security wage base limit increases to $113,700. The IRS also released new Percentage Method Tables for 2013 Income Tax Withholding. The Medicare tax rate is 1.45% each for the employee and employer, unchanged from 2012. In addition to withholding Medicare tax at 1.45%, employers must also withhold a 0.9% Additional Medicare Tax from wages paid to an employee in excess of $200,000 in a calendar year.
The following states have also released new payroll tax updates for 2013: Alabama, Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Payroll Mate software highlights:
• Payroll Mate software highlights:
• Automatically calculates federal payroll tax and state payroll tax withholding.
• Supports different types of pay periods.
• Supports customizable income, tax and deductions categories.
• Supports income per mile and per piece.
• Supports the following federal payroll forms: 941, 940, 944, W-2, W-3.
• Payroll forms software with support for California DE 9, DE 9C, Texas C-3 , Texas C-4, New York NYS-45, IL 941 and IL UI-3/40.
• Supports fringe benefits.
• Supports payroll vacation accrual and sick pay accrual.
• Exports Payroll Data to QuickBooks software.
• Exports Payroll checks to Quicken and accounting software like Microsoft Office accounting.
• Generates comprehensive payroll reports.
• Supports non-employee (1099 contractor payroll) with the ability to print 1099 MISC and 1096 tax forms.
• Handles payroll deductions.
• Exports payroll reports to Excel, CSV and PDF.
• Prints on Laser and Inkjet checks.
• Prints on preprinted red scannable W2 forms and W3 forms.
• Free updates during the tax year.
• One step backup and restore.
• Runs over a network.
• Supports payroll direct deposit.
• Ability to print MICR checks on blank check stock.
Give the 2013 Payroll Mate software a test drive and see for yourself how easy managing payroll can be. Visit Payroll Mate payroll software page by pointing your browser to http://www.PayrollMate.com
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/Payroll-Tax-Rates/prweb10312192.htm
(c) 2013 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To Microsoft News 's Homepage ]