2013 Medicare Tax Rate is 1.45%, Additional Medicare Tax Rate is 0.9% - PayrollMate.com Updates Payroll Calculator
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Chicago, IL (PRWEB) January 03, 2013
For 2013, the Medicare tax rate is 1.45% each for the employee and employer. There is no wage base limit for Medicare tax. Real Business Solutions released Payroll Mate 2013, the comprehensive payroll software with support for the latest payroll tax calculations. Payroll Mate is trusted by thousands of businesses and payroll departments nationwide.
Payroll Mate 2013 trial download is available from http://www.PayrollMate.com/.
In addition to withholding Medicare tax at 1.45%, employers must withhold a 0.9% Additional Medicare Tax from wages paid to an employee in excess of $200,000 in a calendar year. Employers are required to begin withholding Additional Medicare Tax in the pay period in which wages in excess of $200,000 are paid to an employee and continue to withhold it each pay period until the end of the calendar year. Additional Medicare Tax is only imposed on the employee. There is no employer share of Additional Medicare Tax. All wages that are subject to Medicare tax are subject to Additional Medicare Tax withholding if paid in excess of the $200,000 withholding threshold.
Payroll Mate is always one of the first payroll preparation solutions to implement payroll updates and new government regulations. Payroll Mate makes doing payroll easy, smooth, predictable, and of course affordable through a set of powerful and flexible payroll management capabilities that allow small businesses to operate smarter and save money.
Employer can download Payroll Mate trial by visiting
Below is a short list of what Payroll Mate can do:
• Automatically calculates federal payroll tax and state payroll tax withholding.
• Supports different types of pay periods.
• Supports customizable income, tax and deductions categories.
• Supports income per mile and per piece.
• Supports the following federal payroll forms: 941, 940, 944, W-2, W-3.
• Supports California DE 9 , DE 9C, Texas C-3 , Texas C-4, New York NYS-45, IL 941 and IL UI-3/40.
• Supports fringe benefits.
• Supports payroll vacation accrual and sick pay accrual.
• Exports Payroll Data to QuickBooks software.
• Exports Payroll checks to Quicken and accounting software like Microsoft Office accounting.
• Generates comprehensive payroll reports.
• Supports non-employee (1099 contractor payroll) with the ability to print 1099 MISC and 1096 tax forms.
• Handles payroll deductions.
• Exports payroll reports to Excel, CSV and PDF.
• Prints on Laser and Inkjet checks.
• Prints on preprinted red scannable W2 forms and W3 forms.
• Free updates during the tax year.
• One step backup and restore.
• Runs over a network.
• Supports payroll direct deposit.
• Ability to print MICR checks on blank check stock.
Give the payroll tax software PayrollMate.com a test drive and see for yourself how easy managing payroll can be. Visit Payroll Mate payroll software page by pointing your browser to http://www.PayrollMate.com
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/Medicare-Tax-Rate/prweb10290670.htm
(c) 2013 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To Microsoft News 's Homepage ]