Research and Markets Adds Report: Smartphone VoIP and Video Apps - Alternative Mobile Connections
Dec 11, 2012 (Close-Up Media via COMTEX) --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Smartphone VoIP and Video Apps - Alternative Mobile Connections" report to its offerings.
In a release, Research and Markets noted that report highlights include:
The study provides size and trends data for the fast developing market of downloadable smartphone VoIP and video apps. There has been an enormous increase in the number of providers and apps in just the last two years.
The study covers 230 apps from 143 providers and gives mini-profiles on over 80 providers and their apps.
It provides download/installs statistics and shows the popularity of different apps on Google Play for Android apps and on iTunes App Store for the iPhone over the last six months.
The study gives shape to this emerging sector; the players, their number, characteristics, how well they are doing, and relative market positions.
The study shows apps by product type and communication technologies (mobile VoIP, call-back, call-through, etc.) and by mobile OS supported (Android, iOS, RIM, Symbian, Microsoft).
Sectors/customers who should be interested in this report include:
- Smartphone app producers, providers and services (all but especially those who provide communications and social networking apps)
- Mobile/cellular network operators and service providers (all kinds, voice, data, text, SMS)
- Smartphone and mobile device providers and manufacturers
- VoIP providers (VoIP = Voice of Internet Protocol) (e.g., companies like Skype)
- Internet Service Providers (ISPs etc)
- Telecommunication operators and service providers (all kinds, traditional phone companies, network services, LAN services)
- B-Messenger - Bilye Digital Entertainment
- Bobsled - T-Mobile
- ClearSea - Logitech Mirial
- CSipSimple - Regis Montoya
- Dell Voice - Fongo
- Fonea - SSA
- FriendCaller - C2Call
- Goji - Telio
- Google Voice
- Line2 - Toktumi
- Qik Video
- Sipdroid - i-p-tel GmbH
- Tru - Truphone
- Voice Choice - worthwhileTech
- WePhone - Innovation Works
- Whistle Phone - Vail Systems
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
[ Back To Microsoft News 's Homepage ]